Post on: 2014-12-02.
Posted in: Cook.
Is that your sweet tooth talking? Mmm, mine too. Easy to make, packed with plant oils for healthy joints, vitamins for beautiful skin, fiber to control sugar and cholesterol, protein for muscle recovery and weight loss, and minerals that promote immunity and bone health, these energy balls could be considered health food…but, your sweet tooth will only consider them to be dessert!
- Easy to make.
- Awesome post-workout snack.
- Great weight loss dessert (just one quiets your sweet-tooth).
- Zero culinary ability required!
- Great addition to Christmas or Holiday Cookie Platters
Alli’s Amazing Energy Balls
1 cup organic almond butter
1/2 cup tahini
1 cup dates
1/2 cup shredded organic coconut
Pull out your food processor (or blender). Add in dates and almond butter and blend until desired consistency. Add in tahini and blend again. With blender off, remove small spoonfuls of batter and roll in your palms into small balls (small really is better here as they contain fewer calories for less guilty indulgence). Roll in shredded coconut. Place in a container and store in your refrigerator, or freeze in the freezer.
1) For a more crunchy texture to your energy balls, start the recipe by placing raw almonds in the blender. Once chopped sufficiently, then add dates and almond butter and tahini as per directions above.
2) For a non-coconut option try rolling the balls in toasted sesame seeds instead.