Post on: .
Posted in: Cook.
From Aging Bites, here’s a salad recipe that will be have you wanting to start a kitchen dance party.
Grab Your Dancing Shoes Kale Salad Recipe
What’s the best way to start making dinner? Start by chopping up whatever vegetables are in your fridge to make a salad with them. Go ahead and nibble on them while you’re cooking – it’ll keep you from digging in the pantry for less nutritious goodies to tide you over till dinnertime. Kale is delicious when it ripped into bite-sized pieces and tossed into your favourite garden salad with a homemade dressing. When you make your own version of this salad, feel free to get creative. Add in whichever vegetables to your kale and lettuce that you love, (have it be mushrooms, radishes, broccoli, cauliflower, cooked beets or asparagus) just as long as the vegetables you include creates a rainbow in the salad bowl. Love a bit of a kick to your salad dressing? Try tossing in 2-3 tbsp of the Refreshing Tahini Salad Dressing on your next salad.
- 1 cup of organic kale, main veins removed
- 1 cup organic romaine or red leaf lettuce
- 2 cups of chopped raw vegetables that create a rainbow of colours:
- 1 small organic tomato
- 1/3 cup organic yellow bell peppers, chopped
- 1 carrot, shaved
- ½ cup of chopped raw mushrooms
- 1/3 cup red cabbage, chopped
- 1 organic green onion, chopped
Toss all of the ingredients into a large bowl. Gentle drizzle 2-3 tbsp of salad dressing around the outer edge of the salad and then toss well to ensure all is covered in delicious dressing. Grab a fork and dig in!
Refreshing Tahini Salad Dressing
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup raw tahini paste
- Juice from 1 organic lemon
- 1 large (or 2 medium) garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp tamari sauce
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp coriander
- 2 tbsp olive oil
Combine all ingredients in a blender and mix until smooth. Stores in the fridge for about a week.